Week 13: Hacks and Mashups
The following will provide tutorials, definitions and resources for Hacks, Mash-ups and other stuff. You are not required to look at all of the material, but search it until you feel that you have a good understanding of what is required for you to fulfill the assignment.
|Table of contents|
What is it?
A mashup is a new kind of genre within interactive Web applications that combines existing data from different data sources (such as Amazon, Google, and eBay)in very innovative ways to create a new service.
- An article (
- Wikipedia (
- Some faq’s (
- A list of mashups (
Links to Learning
A tutorial (
)This tutorial is for people who know how to code. However, by combining some of the tools from this course, you too can create a mashup without coding.
- What a few video clips and one song can do. (
- Measure your running distance using Flash and Yahoo Maps (
- Price comparison while shopping online (
- A walk through Jon Udell’s hometown (
- Student Paul Jones (
- Students TJ Hilton and Jay McEntire (
- Google Games (
See Final Project for particulars FinalProjectsOcw5280