Week 03: Wikis
The following will provide tutorials, definitions and resources for Wikis. You are not required to look at all of the material, but search it until you feel that you have a good understanding of what is required for you to fulfill the assignment.
|Table of contents|
Whats a Wiki?
- Wikipedia definition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki)
- Quickiwiki, Swiki, Twiki, Zwiki and the Plone Wars Wiki as a PIM and Collaborative Content Tool
- Insurgence Emergence Convergence Adventures In Wikiland
Where Can I Create My Own Wiki?
Some are free, some are not. A description is included with each wiki address. Examples:
- Peanut Butter Wiki (http://pbwiki.com)
- JotSpot (http://jotspot.com)
- Community Wiki (http://communitywiki.org/odd/)
- Media Wiki (http://mediawiki.org)(the one you are seeing right now)
A quality debate, or Wikipedia versus Britannica
Links To Learning
- Wiki Visual Tutorial
- Elements Of Wiki Essence
- Wiki Essence (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiEssence)
- One Minute Wiki (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?OneMinuteWiki)
- Contribute to an article of your own choosing on Wikipedia (http://wikipedia.org/)
- Make a post to your blog describing your contribution
- Update the INST 5280 Blog List
- Link the update to your blog
Citation: Wiley, D. (2006, December 13). Wikis. Retrieved February 07, 2008, from Free Online Course Materials — USU OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.usu.edu/Instructional_Technology/new-media/wikis.htm.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.